1 September 1994 /
- Protein Motions
Database. This attempts to list all examples of protein
motions. It includes movies and graphics illustrating selected
motions. (Sample movies of the hinged domain movements in lactoferrin and adenylate kinase).
- Annotated Alignments for Protein Structures and
- The Protein Surface and its Interaction with
Water. A "HyperTalk" tutorial on the
calculation of surfaces and volumes plus other talks. [more]
- List of my papers, which acts as an
index to my ftp archive.
- My Links:
- My current bookmarks (alphabetically sorted by a useful
- My (very popular) .emacs file, which includes
elisp code to color a multiple alignment.
- Proteins in VRML: VRML allows protein structures
to be seen in 3D over the Web, and this page has a few
examples. It also includes a perl script for converting a protein to
- Movies of Protein Motions (plus other random movie links)
- Various configuration files and documents relevant to running LINUX on a laptop
- Other Links:
- NCBI: NCBI-Blast, Local-Blast, Bigger-Medline, Taxonomy, Entrez-Medline.
- Structures: X-PLOR, UCI-SCOP, BNL-SCOP, MRC-SCOP (1.32), O, PDB, 3DB-browse, PDB-browser.
- Journals: JMB, Nature, Science, PNAS, Prot. Sci..
- Newsgroups: bionet.xtallography and bionet.software.
- Other: perl5, Homespun-books, Oilfields, Downsize, Homespun-books, Anonymizer, AI-Stock, Duct-tape.
- I work in
biophysics in the
Levitt Lab at Stanford University. My location (street address,
on a Stanford map,
close-up of the Fairchild Building);
- Search with Alta
Vista (or search.com or yahoo):